10 Benefits of Eating the Ghost Pepper
- Improved Breathing by opening clogged nasal passages
- Boosts your Moods by releasing endorphins that dulls pain
- Improved blood circulation and lowers blood pressure
- Anti-Cancer properties verified by studies
- Helps lose weight by speeding up metabolism
- Heart Health improvement by increasing bodies ability to dissolve blood clots
- Improved digestion and help in curing stomach
- Helps relieve Arthritis by reducing joint inflammation and to reduce pain.
- Improved sleep by helping you fall asleep more easily, and having more energy throughout the day
- Cold and Flu prevention and healing by sweating more and reducing sinusitis and other flu symptoms.
How Does the Ghost Pepper Help?
The Ghost Pepper has a Scoville rating of 1,000,000. The average jalapenos have a 2,500 to 6,000 rating. Bell peppers have a 0 rating, and the Habaneros have a 300,000 SHU rating. The hotter you get the more effect that the ghost pepper has on your body.
The Ghost Pepper has been known in India for hundreds of years. The consumers of the ghost pepper are known to have great health, but this pepper has only been discovered by the western world recently.
The key ingredient in hot peppers is Capsaicin. It is usually found in curry, and has been used in curing many dis-eases while also helping with good health. The ingredient in the ghost pepper was tested in cancer research and it was found to kill and inhibit further growth of cancerous cells. These benefits as well as the list of 10 above are a great way of saying “Eat Up”!!!
There is one caution that I would like to share with you though, especially if you are sensitive to hot stuff, wear gloves while cutting up the Ghost Peppers. For some the scent alone is enough to kick you onto your rear end.
Remember, a little bit of a fiery pepper will go a long way to your health and a culinary delight!
Eat well my friends!